Western Nevada College’s Community Education Department is now enrolling students for a variety of summer courses, including an old favorite such as R.I.P.P.E.D. Fitness and new classes such as self-defense.
Community education classes are open to anyone in the Northern Nevada community and are designed to accommodate a variety of schedules and budgets.
Upcoming classes include:
- Watercolor Exploration — For new and continuing students, this class explores the expansive possibilities of watercolor. Offered every Wednesday, July 10-31.
- R.I.P.P.E.D. Fitness — A fun group exercise class for all ages and fitness levels. Held every Monday and Wednesday evening from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Zumba — A dance-based fitness class that takes the work out of your workout! Held every Monday from 5:45-6:30 p.m. and every Wednesday from 4:30-5:15 p.m. and 5:15-6 p.m. at the Western Nevada Performing Arts Center.
- Self-Defense — Learn to identify and overcome threats to your personal safety. Scheduled July 20 from 4-6 p.m.
- Computer Basics — Take the mystery out of using your computer and learn to navigate the internet, create documents, share photos and email your loved ones. Set for July 13 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- New Driver Education — Prepares new drivers for challenges of driving and meets DMV standards for required 30 hours of classroom training. Offered July 15-18.
- Strengths-Based Personal Development — Learn to tap into your unique talents and maximize your potential with this introduction to the CliftonStrengths approach to leadership. Offered July 11 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Next Chapter: Leadership — A course for emerging leaders in business, non-profits and government, covering topics including supervision, productivity, values and vision. Offered July 15 or July 27 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Time Leadership — Master the key principles of time management, productivity, creativity and happiness. Set for July 25 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Handling Difficult Conversations — A two-part workshop that will help you manage the difficult conversations in your work or personal life. Scheduled for July 11 and 18 from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Training — Complete most of your training online and finish at WNC with a two-hour class. Offered July 21 from 9-11 a.m.
- My Thousand Words Book Sculptures: 3D Jewelry — Create your own beads and jewelry items from paper to make your own, one-of-a-kind, wearable artwork! Set for July 26 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. or July 27 from 2-4 p.m.
To register or for more information, visit www.wnc.edu/continuing-education or call 775-445-4268. Senior discounts are available.