WNC offers designated college courses via Internet or interactive video at a discounted rate to high school students. Fast Track courses generally cost only $50 plus lab fees where applicable. Only courses that are designated as Fast Track are offered at this reduced rate.
Steps for Students
- Complete application for admission with the High School Authorization Form in Admissions and Records (Bristlecone 101)
- Register for a Fast Track class
- Search the class schedule for Fast Track classes or see the links below.
- Call numbers will be provided by high school counselor or WNC counselor
Students below the junior level of high school must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be identified as academically talented by the designated high school official, and will be reviewed on a case by case basis for approval in enrollment in credit courses by the Director of Admissions and Records.
Interactive Video Classes
- Take place in a classroom where the instructor is filmed and can interact with students in another classroom via television connection.
WNC Online Classes
- Conducted online through the WNC Online (Canvas) site
- View Canvas tutorials
- View Canvas first time login instructions
- Critical information about online classes:
- You must take the initiative to go through all the steps to get started with the class!
- Online classes are not faster or easier that traditional college classes
- You must be ready to begin the class (signed up through Canvas, etc.) by the first day of the semester
- Pay attention to deadlines for assignments, quizzes and tests and make sure they are submitted by the due date (otherwise the computer will not accept them)
- Let the instructor know if you have any question or concerns about the class