Financial Assistance Office Hours and Appointments
WNC Financial Assistance is committed to helping students through the financial aid process during these challenging times. Financial Assistance Staff can help answer your question in a variety of ways and we look forward to hearing from you!
In Persons Options
- Visit us Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm on the Carson Campus, Bristlecone Room 102
- Financial Assistance Staff make regular visits the Fallon Campus, please contact the Fallon Campus at 775-423-7565 for upcoming visit information
2021-2022 Academic Year, Academic Engagement Reminders
- Students must be Academically Active or Academically Engaged in all Full Term Courses before the Financial Assistance Census Date (January 29, for Spring 2022).
- In order to maintain or establish eligibility for federal aid, students must establish Academic Attendance or have Attendance at an Academically-Related Activity as defined by under Academic Engagement in 34CFR 600.2.
“Academic Engagement” —Includes:
- Attending asynchronous class, lecture, recitation or field or laboratory activity, physically or online, where there is an opportunity for interaction between the instructor and students;
- Submitting an academic assignment;
- Taking an exam, an interactive tutorial, or computer-assisted instruction;
- Attending a study group that is assigned by the institution;
- Participating in an online discussion about academic matters; and Initiating contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course;
“Academic Engagement” Does not include activities where a student may be present, but not academically engaged, such as—
- Living in institutional housing;
- Participating in the institution’s meal plan;
- Logging into an online class without active participation; or
- Participating in academic counseling or advisement;
- Participating in a student-organized study group.
Don’t Delay – You can still complete your 2021-2022 Financial Aid File!
The 2021-2022 Academic Year is right around the corner and WNC can’t wait to help you reach your goals. Students are encouraged to make sure to complete their 2021-2022 FAFSA and Financial Aid file as soon as possible!
- Complete your Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include WNC’s School Code (013896) at studentaid.gov/FAFSA
- Check your Financial Aid To Do List and Award Status in your myWNC Student Center.
- Not finding the information you need? Please email us, schedule a phone appointment, or call us at 775-445-3264, we are ready to help you complete your financial aid file!
William N. Pennington Career and Technical Education 2021-2022 Scholarship Application – Apply Now!
Western Nevada College Foundation and Financial Assistance Office are pleased to announce the renewal of the the William N. Pennington Career and Technical Education Scholarship Application for 2021-2022. This generous scholarship will give Western Nevada College CTE students the opportunity to learn valuable skills to enter Nevada’s diverse workforce.
Higher Education Emergency Relief (HEERF) Student Emergency Grant Funding
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) (Pub. L. 117-2), which authorized a third round of Higher Education Emergency Relief (HEERF III) Student Emergency Grants. Many students will be automatically selected to receive this award through the submission of a 2021-2022 FAFSA and enrollment. Check your myWNC Student Center or your Financial Aid Officer letter to see if you have already been awarded! HEERF III Awards will be disbursed beginning September 13, 2021.
Students who are not automatically selected for these awards are encouraged to complete a HEERF III Student Emergency Grant Application.
Learn more about this program at the HEERF Information Page.
If your financial situation has significantly changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact the Financial Assistance Office at 775-445-3264 to discuss a Special Condition/Professional Judgement consideration and other educational funding options.
2022-2023 WNC Foundation Scholarship Application now available – Apply by April 1, 2022!
The Western Nevada College Foundation and Financial Assistance Office are pleased to announce the opening of the 2022-2023 Regular Application Cycle. Current and Prospective students are encouraged to apply during this cycle to receive priority consideration for scholarships .
Steps To Apply
- Apply for Admission to Western Nevada College
- Complete and Submit FAFSA
- Complete and Submit the WNC Scholarships Application
- Submit Any Additional Required Documentation
If your FAFSA is federally selected for verification, you will be required to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office that may include a verification for, tax transcripts and/or Tax Returns. We will request this documentation when we receive your FAFSA.
- Review Financial Aid Offer
Once you have been offered funds, a Financial Aid Offer notification will be emailed to you. You can also check the status of your financial aid offer by logging into myWNC. Note: WNC does not automatically offer student loans. Learn more about requesting student loans by visiting the Student Loan Information page.
Financial Assistance Vision and Mission
Western Nevada College Financial Assistance Office reduces financial barriers to promote student success.
The Western Nevada College Financial Assistance Office strives to promote student success, by providing accessible, knowledgeable, and consistent professional service and resources to reduce financial barriers.