Welcome to the 2020-2021 Academic Year, see below for a first week of school reminder!
- You must be Academically Active in all your courses before the Financial Assistance Census Date (September 4 for Fall 2020).
- In order to maintain or establish eligibility for federal aid, students must establish Academic Participation.“Academic attendance” and “attendance at an academically-related activity”—Include, but are not limited to—
- Physically attending a class where there is an opportunity for direct interaction between the instructor and students;
- Submitting an academic assignment;
- Taking an exam, an interactive tutorial, or computer-assisted instruction;
- Attending a study group that is assigned by the institution;
- Participating in an online discussion about academic matters; and Initiating contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course;Do not include activities where a student may be present, but not academically engaged, such as—
- Living in institutional housing;
- Participating in the institution’s meal plan;
- Logging into an online class without active participation; or
- Participating in academic counseling or advisement.
Don’t Delay – You can still complete your 2020-2021 Financial Aid File!
The 2020-2021 Academic Year is right around the corner and WNC can’t wait to help you reach your goals. Students are encouraged to make sure to complete their 2020-2021 FAFSA and Financial Aid file as soon as possible!
- Complete your Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) now at FAFSA.GOV.
- Check your Financial Aid To Do List and Award Status in your myWNC Student Center.
- Not finding the information you need? Please email us, schedule a phone appointment, or call us at 775-445-3264, we are ready to help you complete your financial aid file!
William N. Pennington Career and Technical Education 2020-2021 Scholarship Application – Apply Now!
Western Nevada College Foundation and Financial Assistance Office are please to announce the renewal of the the William N. Pennington Career and Technical Education Scholarship Application for 2020-2021. This generous scholarship will give Western Nevada College CTE students the opportunity to learn valuable skills to enter Nevada’s diverse workforce.
Attention High School Seniors!
The Nevada Promise Scholarship Application is open, apply early and before October 31, 2020.
CARES Act Emergency Grant Funding
Congress recently passed and the President signed the CARES Act, which includes emergency grant funding to assist qualifying students with expenses related to disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. Western Nevada College is committed to helping as many students as possible through the federal emergency funds and other institutional emergency funding options.
Learn more about this program at the CARES Act Emergency Grant Funding Information Page.
COVID-19 impact on the Financial Assistance Office
WNC Financial Assistance is committed to helping students through the financial aid process during these challenging times. You may email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to get general assistance with your questions. You can also schedule a phone appointment to receive a call at a time that is convenient for you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this challenging time.
Steps To Apply
- Apply for Admission to Western Nevada College
- Complete and Submit FAFSA
- Complete and Submit the WNC Scholarships Application
- Submit Any Additional Required Documentation
If your FAFSA is federally selected for verification, you will be required to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office that may include a verification for, tax transcripts and/or Tax Returns. We will request this documentation when we receive your FAFSA.
- Review Financial Aid Offer
Once you have been offered funds, a Financial Aid Offer notification will be emailed to you. You can also check the status of your financial aid offer by logging into myWNC. Note: WNC does not automatically offer student loans. Learn more about requesting student loans by visiting the Student Loan Information page.
Financial Assistance Vision and Mission
Western Nevada College Financial Assistance Office reduces financial barriers to promote student success.
The Western Nevada College Financial Assistance Office strives to promote student success, by providing accessible, knowledgeable, and consistent professional service and resources to reduce financial barriers.