WNC Human Resources is committed to providing quality services in a professional, caring and consistent manner, while partnering with the WNC community to foster a work environment that attracts and inspires excellence in people.
Human Resources supports all the academic and administrative departments and programs at WNC by providing personnel, benefits, payroll, affirmative action, and legal services.
- Embrace our college’s many communities and respond to their diverse needs
- Serve as a professional, confidential resource to faculty, staff and administration
- Communicate policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner
- Distribute, collect and process documents in a timely and accurate manner
- Promote employee and institutional excellence through professional development
- Maintain and provide reliable records and information
- Ensure compliance WNC, NSHE, state of Nevada and federal rules and regulations
WNC does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; national origin; sex; disability; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition; gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected veterans status; genetics; or religion in its programs and activities and provides equal access to facilities to all. Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and federal regulations in all programs and activities, including, but not limited to recruitment, admission, financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training, terminations, benefits and compensation. Inquiries concerning the application of non-discrimination policies and/or questions as to how to file a complaint of discrimination may be referred to the following individuals: Title IX Coordinator: (775) 445-3219; OR Chief Enrollment and Student Success Officer: (775) 445-3271; OR Assistant Director of Human Resources: (775) 445-4235; Western Nevada College, 2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. (Rev. 09/19)