The mission of Institutional Research and Effectiveness at Western Nevada College is to foster a culture of evidence by facilitating the management, analysis, reporting and use of data and information in support of students, planning, assessment and decision-making.
- Support institutional efforts in strategic planning and assessing institutional effectiveness.
- Support completion of institutional accreditation requirements and expectations.
- Support academic programs and student services departments and functions in assessing, improving and reporting on the effectiveness of their programs.
- Serve as an official data provider to the state of Nevada, the federal government and other external entities.
- Administer student satisfaction and alumni surveys and internal surveys on satisfaction with services and programs.
- Conduct special analyses on issues of importance to the college community.
- Serve as WNC’s central point of contact for institutional data requests.
- Nevada System of Higher Education: This site provides system-wide and WNC specific data and information on the NSHE Strategic Plan and other initiatives as well as information on formula funding and current policies and procedures.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System: The Institutional Research and Effectiveness Office provides institutional data to IPEDS, which is the core postsecondary education data collection program for the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities: The NWCCU is the accrediting authority for Western Nevada College.
- Nevada Department of Education
- Nevada State Demographer
- Nevada Labor Market Information
- NSHE Common Course Numbers : This site provides system-wide common course numbering reports by discipline, prefix, number, title, and institution.
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Association for Institutional Research
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
Links to external websites are provided for your benefit and are not official WNC content.