2021: WNC Student Needs Survey
2020: WNC Student Needs Survey
2020: WNC Transition to Online Instruction and Student Services Survey
2019: WNC Student Needs Survey
2019: WNC Sexual Conduct and Safety Survey
2018: Student Integration, Persistence, and Satisfaction Survey
2018: Community College Survey of Student Engagement
- Key Findings
- Benchmark Scores – All Students
- Frequency Distributions – Small College Comparison
- Means – All Students
- Population Data
- Special Focus Questions
2017: Student Integration, Persistence, and Satisfaction Survey
2017: WNC Sexual Conduct and Safety Survey
2016: Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory
- 2016 Noel-Levitz Summary Report
- 2016 Noel-Levitz Year-to-Year Item Report
- 2016 Noel-Levitz Comments Report
2014: Community College Survey of Student Engagement
Survey Project Approval, Creation, and Administration
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness reviews, builds, administers, and analyzes survey results for the WNC community. IRE is available to assist with the design of your survey project, and will create and administer your survey using professional software. IRE can also assist with the analysis and reporting of your survey results.
WNC faculty, staff, and students interested in creating and administering internal or external surveys must contact Institutional Research and Effectiveness at firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding to determine if approval from the SPFIE Subcommittee on Research is needed. If approval is needed, the Committee will convene to review the project. This is a critical step to ensure compliance with WNC’s College Policy on Research and approved use of survey results.
IRE will review all proposed survey projects to ensure the following guidelines have been followed:
- If the results of the research are to be published or presented at a conference, the approval of the SPFIE Subcommittee on Research is required.
- If data from student records are used in assessment research, all requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be met. Non-public student data can be used without the student’s consent by university employees for “legitimate educational” purposes provided the data are not reported in such a way that individual students can be identified. All other users must receive written consent from the students to access non-public student data.
- Surveys in the following exempt categories may not require SPFIE Subcommittee on Research approval unless they will be used in published or otherwise presented research:
- Regular classroom examinations, research assignments, or test studies.
- Faculty research protected by academic freedom.
- Survey by academic faculty of their current students (for broader student surveys, please contact IRE: email@example.com).
- Survey by administrative and executive faculty of academic faculty, students or classified employees (if conducting this type of survey, please contact IRE: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For surveys exempt from SPFIE Subcommittee on Research approval, if survey results will not be published and the survey responses will be linked to an individual, individuals must be notified of the purpose of the research and of the fact that participation is voluntary, and actions to ensure confidentiality must be explained to participants.
- If a survey is exempt from SPFIE Subcommittee on Research approval, and the respondents remain anonymous, the purpose of the research and the fact that participation is voluntary must be explained to participants.
Tips for Viewing the Dashboard
- Clicking on the dashboard links will take you to an interactive set of data typically organized into separate views as identified by tabs at the top of the screen. Click on the tabs to navigate between views.
- Filters at the right offer the opportunity to view a subset of the data. All filters then apply to all tabs. Click on the arrows to see the full list and then choose a subset to view.
- After filtering, you can return to the original totals by clicking on ‘Undo’, ‘Redo’, or ‘Reset’ at the bottom left of the screen.
- To view underlying data, mouse over a bar.
- To download the dashboard workbook, click ‘Download’ at the bottom right corner, choose PDF, choose either ‘This Dashboard’, or ‘Sheets in Workbook,’ and click again on ‘Download.’ The PDF will go to your /downloads/ folder and you can print from there.