Western Nevada College works with local high schools to identify high achieving sophomore and junior students who have met grade requirements in Algebra II, are academically and socially mature, and interested in the opportunity to “Jump Start” their college career while still in high school. These students are then assessed to determine college-level English 101 readiness. Interested and eligible students and their parents will need to next attend a Parent Night informational event, and finally meet with WNC and high school counselors for final approval and course registration.
- Step 1: Discuss eligibility with high school counselor/administrator.
- Step 2: Currently enrolled or completed Algebra II with a qualifying grade.
- Step 3: Complete the WNC Admissions application, activate password.
- Step 4: Complete the WNC Accuplacer reading and writing assessment.
- Step 5: Attend the mandatory parent/student information night.
- Step 6: Submit your Jump Start College application to your high school.
- Step 7: WNC and high school representatives interview student and parents for final approval.
- Step 8: Register for fall classes.
- Step 9: Participate in New Student Orientation.