Greetings Students of Western Nevada College,
I hope each of you are doing well. Needless to say, the last couple of days and weeks have brought great change. Because of the very unique challenges presented by the coronavirus, we have had to make radical changes and adjustments to how we do things in all aspects of our lives.
How we teach and learn have not been immune to these changes and challenges.
On Monday, March 23, we resume classes after a very memorable spring break. The majority of our courses will be offered remotely. We have shifted our instructional methods to ensure we do all we can to keep you and our community safe and healthy. The well-being of all members of the college community is our first and foremost concern, and this is why we have transitioned to remote teaching of our courses.
For many of you, not sitting in a classroom with one of our great faculty members will be a new experience. As you pivot into this new learning environment, please keep in mind that the things that helped you be successful in the past still apply.
- More than ever it will be important to ask questions and be a great participant in class.
- Stay on top of your assignments and projects.
- Don’t fall behind in your homework or your readings.
- Stay connected to other students in the class.
- Participate in your class every day. With remote learning it will be tempting to not log in or out things off, but in order to be successful in the class you need to follow a schedule that allows you to dedicate your time to learning all the material being taught.
- Above all else, ask for help if needed.
Our college faculty and staff are here to help you be successful, but in order for us to help you we need to know where the help is needed.
Please keep in mind that our campus is fully operational. We are doing so in a different way than usual, but our mission of helping you succeed will not waiver. If there is anything we can do to successfully complete that endeavor, all you have to do is ask.
Stay focused on your goal and your dream of getting a college education. Now more than ever your college education will help you navigate the challenging times ahead. What you learn and WNC can change your life.
As we resume classes, things will be different in how you receive your instruction, but what will not change is our commitment to your success.
We believe in you. You can do this.
Have a great restart to your classes and coursework. Stay safe. Stay focused on your dream of being a college graduate. Do not hesitate to reach out to me directly with any questions you may have or if we can be of assistance.
Thank you for being part of the Wildcat Nation.