The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical Services, Laboratory Technician (LTE), and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.
Please note that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes may take up to four weeks to complete due to immunization and other requirements. Please begin the enrollment process early.
Nursing program classes are conducted at both the Carson City and Fallon campuses.
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 – Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 – Emergency Medical Technician
- EMS 115 – Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- LTE 101 – Fundamental Phlebotomy
- LTE 102 – Applied Phlebotomy
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program. Immunizations must be kept up to date.
- Use the link for mystudentcheck.com and then choose the appropriate program service.
- Western Nevada College – CNA – Immunization Only
- Western Nevada College – EMS – Immunization and Background Check
- Western Nevada College – LTE – Immunization Only
- View the tutorial slide show for step by step instructions.
- Use the link for myclinicalexchange.com. Pertinent information starts at about the two-minute mark.
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – EMT
- See YouTube link for tutorial.
NCLEX-RN Pass Rates
Program Completion Rates (Within 6 Semesters)
Job Placement Rates
The Associate Degree of Nursing program at Western Nevada College meets the state education requirements for a registered nursing license in the state of Nevada. Western Nevada College has not determined if the Associate Degree of Nursing program at Western Nevada College meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia.
Nevada Nurse Practice Act
The WNC nursing program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing is located at:
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326