The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical Services, Laboratory Technician (LTE), and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.
Please note that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes may take up to four weeks to complete due to immunization and other requirements. Please begin the enrollment process early.
Nursing program classes are conducted at both the Carson City and Fallon campuses.
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 – Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 – Emergency Medical Technician
- EMS 115 – Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- LTE 101 – Fundamental Phlebotomy
- LTE 102 – Applied Phlebotomy
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program. Immunizations must be kept up to date.
NOTE: With distancing requirements in place due to COVID-19, the Basic Life Support prerequisite for entry to any Nursing & Allied Health class is being temporarily waived.
The due date for compliance is extended to September 15, 2020 and is mandatory to complete course requirements.
- Use the link for mystudentcheck.com and then choose the appropriate program service.
- Western Nevada College – CNA – Immunization Only
- Western Nevada College – EMS – Immunization and Background Check
- Western Nevada College – LTE – Immunization Only
- View the tutorial slide show for step by step instructions.
- Use the link for myclinicalexchange.com. Pertinent information starts at about the two-minute mark.
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – EMT
- See YouTube link for tutorial.