|Policy:||Policy 1-2-3: Political Activities Guidelines||Date Adopted:||Apr 01, 1994|
|Department:||President's Office||Contact:||President's Office|
|Statement:||A policy of nonpartisanship should govern Western Nevada College at all times in its relationships with elected officials or persons campaigning for public office.|
Section 1: Guidelines
- The following guidelines should be followed:
- The campus mail should not be used to distribute political materials of any form. This applies to both members and non-members of the college community.
- Campaign signs and handbills for public officials should not be posted on college grounds or on campus buildings.
- The college will not sponsor or support political candidates.
- Elected officials or persons campaigning for public office will not be introduced at college functions.
- Questions and information regarding political activity on campus will be handled by the Vice President of Administrative and Legal Services/General Counsel.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|