|Policy:||Policy 10-1-1: Public Safety||Date Adopted:|
|Statement:||Western Nevada College is committed to providing a safe and secure campus for al persons. The Board of regents has stated (Title 4 Chapter 1 Section 11) that the WNC Public Safety Department has the responsibility to provide this service.|
Section 1: Purpose
- The purpose of the PUBLIC SAFETY DEPARTMENT (PSD) is to provide:
- protection of all persons and property on college property
- enforcement of all laws and regulations on college property
- traffic control and enforcement
- visitor assistance
- lost and found services
- loss prevention and reporting
- identification of safety hazards
Section 2: Enforcement, Prevention, and Reporting
- The Public Safety Department will enforce all state laws and regulations, county and city codes within its service area, and college policies on college properties. Further, the Department shall maintain a cooperative working relationship with the local enforcement agencies within its service area.
- The Public Safety Department will encourage crime awareness and prevention as well as provide information about department services through a variety of media, including but not limited to: WNC website, brochures, workshops and personal conversations.
- The Department will keep forms available for crime and incident reporting and will compile statistics based upon those reports.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|
|NSHE Code(s)||NRS Code(s)||396.325-3297||NAC Code(s)|
*Please note: that not all WNC Policies will be referenced in these documents.
NSHE Board of Regents Handbook
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
Nevada Administrative Code (NAC)