|Policy:||Policy 15-1-2: Outstanding Faculty Member Award||Date Adopted:|
|Department:||Academic Faculty Senate/Honors||Contact:||Chair, Academic Faculty Senate|
|Statement:||The College has instituted an annual award for either a full-time teaching or non-teaching faculty member. The award is competitive and includes a monetary award.|
Section 1: Recognition
- Ten academic faculty members will be recognized each year for exemplary service to the college.
- The top candidate will receive the “Outstanding Faculty Award” with a $500 stipend.
- The remaining nine faculty members will be recognized as “Honored Faculty.”
- All recipients will be honored at an annual employee recognition event.
Section 2: Selection Process
- The selection process will be conducted by a committee composed of the three most recent recipients of the Outstanding Faculty Award and two additional academic faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- The Faculty Senate Chair will announce the Committee’s first meeting and the chairperson will be selected by the Committee members.
- Committee members will not be eligible for either the Outstanding or Honored Faculty award.
Section 3: Eligibility/Nominations
- This award is open to any full-time (.5 or better) academic faculty member (teaching faculty, counselors, librarians).
- Nominations will take place in April of each year via a nomination form.
- Nominations can be made by professional staff, the administration, classified staff, or the Committee.
- An individual may nominate more than one person.
- Nominations must include a brief assessment of the candidate in one or more of the following areas:
- Outstanding accomplishments, achievements, or contributions to WNC/NSHE.
- The development of innovative courses or programs.
- Exemplary demonstration of service to students.
- Exceptional service to the college above and beyond the expected scope of duties.
- Recognized service to the community.
- The Outstanding Faculty Member Award Nomination Form is available on the WNC Intranet.
Section 4: Notification
- The committee will notify those faculty to be honored at least two weeks before the date of the annual employee recognition event.
|Date(s) Revised||Sep 02, 2008;||Date(s) Reviewed|