|Policy:||Policy 15-1-3: Outstanding and Honored Administrative Faculty Awards||Date Adopted:||Jul 11, 2008|
|Department:||Administrative Faculty Senate/Honors||Contact:||Chair, Administrative Faculty Senate|
|Statement:||WNC sponsors an annual award for administrative faculty employed at .50 FTE or higher.|
Section 1: Award
- The award, including a plaque and a monetary amount if funds are available, will be given during the fall welcome back week to the top candidate.
- The remaining top candidates will be recognized as “Honored Administrative Faculty” during the fall welcome back week.
Section 2: Qualifications
- The following are the minimum qualifications for consideration:
- Employed as an Administrative Faculty Member for a minimum of two years continuous service at .50 or more.
- Employed at WNC during the fiscal year being nominated.
- Annual evaluation with ratings of “Fully Effective” or above.
- Have not received the award during the past three years.
Section 3: Nominations
- Each spring, the Administrative Faculty Senate will open a time period to request nominations for the current fiscal year via a written nomination form.
- Any member of the WNC faculty, staff, and students may submit nominations.
- The nominator will be asked to describe why the candidate should receive this recognition.
- Nominations should be based on dedication above and beyond the normal scope of duties.
- Guidelines for nominations may include:
- Concern for the College and its goals.
- Service in the work area, which may include creativity, initiative, accuracy, dependability, timeliness and quality.
- Exemplary demonstration of attitude, availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness, and helpfulness toward fellow employees, students, and the public.
- Continuous development that enhances the services provided by an area.
- Participation, which could include involvement within or outside the college, which is beyond the scope of regular duties.
- Outstanding professional development.
- Other considerations.
Section 4: Committee
- A committee composed of two (2) administrative members of the Administrative Faculty Senate, one (1) academic faculty member, and one (1) classified conducts the selection process.
- Based on the criteria, the committee will make a selection of the top candidates.
- The selection will remain confidential until the award is given.
|Date(s) Revised||May 3, 2012; September 2, 2008; September 18, 2007; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|