|Policy:||Policy 4-3-6: Classified to Administrative Faculty Position Change||Date Adopted:||Apr 29, 1997|
|Department:||Human Resources||Contact:||Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel|
|Statement:||It shall be the policy of WNC to change a position from classified to administrative faculty only with written approval of the college president.|
Section 1: Request for Change
- A position must perform a variety of professional and administrative duties for a department or unit.
- A request for a position to change from classified to administrative faculty should be made in writing, and should have approval through the appropriate departmental channels to the college president.
- The request should include written rationale including reason for change from classified to administrative faculty and the financial impact of such a change.
- The college president may request additional information in reviewing the proposal.
Section 2: Presidential Review
- After reviewing the submitted documentation, the college president shall make the final decision on the request. Should the change be granted:
- the effective date of the change will begin on the first working day of the month following approval;
- the existing classified position shall be eliminated on the effective date of the change to administrative faculty.
- Written approval will then be forwarded to the WNC Human Resources Office for processing.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; October 28, 1999; October 21, 1997;||Date(s) Reviewed|