|Policy:||Policy 7-4-2: Cell Phone Use||Date Adopted:||Apr 25, 2000|
|Statement:||Cell phones will be governed by the usage rules as listed.|
Section 1: Usage Rules
- The vendor used for cell phone billing must be able to provide incoming and outgoing call numbers and duration.
- While we do not encourage personal calls, essential calls of minimal duration will be allowed on a limited basis.
- Cell phones will be assigned to vehicles when traveling out of town.
- All cell phones will be pre-approved by the President, Vice Presidents or Designees.
- Copies of each bill will be sent to the assigned department for identification and payment of personal calls and for explanation of long distance calls. The bill, payment of personal calls, and long distance log will be sent to the supervisor for approval before being forwarded to the Business Office.
- Anyone in violation of this policy will lose his or her cell phone and disciplinary action may be taken where appropriate.
- All LAND lines will be paid through the College telephone budget account. Any other communication devices such as cell phones or pagers will be paid by the department using the device.
- Business calls made on personal cell phones will be reimbursed at a standard rate as determined by the Business Office.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|