|Policy:||Policy 7-6-1: Computer Loan||Date Adopted:||Jun 13, 1995|
|Statement:||Western Nevada College employees may be eligible for a computer loan based on the eligibility as listed.|
Section 1: Approval of Loan
- The approval of a computer loan to any employee is at the discretion of WNC.
- The final decision of granting or not granting this loan may not be appealed or grieved by the employee.
Section 2: Eligibility
- Computer loans are available to professional and classified employees (regardless of funding source) who are .50 FTE or greater.
- The employee must be employed with WNC for one year or more and have received a satisfactory or above on his/her last evaluation.
- The supervisor must complete the Letter of Eligibility form recommending approval or denial of the loan. If the supervisor has reason to believe there could be a risk of non-repayment, he or she may recommend that the loan be denied.
- Employees will not be eligible for additional loans for a period of three years from the last loan date unless there is no waiting list.
Section 3: Loan Request List
- Eligible employees should complete a Request for Computer Loan form and submit it to the WNC Controller’s Office.
- The loan request list is maintained on a first come first serve basis.
- The employee will be notified when he or she reaches the top of the list, and will have a maximum of 30 days to make the computer purchase and complete the required paperwork.
- Should the employee not be ready to make the computer purchase within the specified time frame, his or her name will be removed from the list, and he or she will need to reapply.
- Exchanging positions with another person is not permitted.
Section 4: Terms
- The employee agrees to abide by all terms and conditions listed on the promissory note.
- Maximum loan amount is $1,800 or the purchase price whichever is less. The loan may be applied to the purchase of both hardware and software.
- Only one computer per loan may be in effect at any time.
- The computer loan is interest free.
- The repayment period will be by payroll deduction and be as follows:
- Professionals – 18 months – Deduction will be taken once monthly.
- Classified – 24 months – Deduction will be taken out 1/2 from each check per month.
- Computer loans are due and payable immediately upon termination of the employee.
- WNC reserves the right to apply the amount of any remaining paycheck(s) to the payment of the Promissory Note.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; December 18, 2001;||Date(s) Reviewed|