Skip to Main Content

NV Promise Eligibility

In order to be eligible for the Nevada Promise Scholarship, a student must:

  • Be classified as a Nevada resident for tuition purposes by the institution where they plan to receive the NV Promise Scholarship.*
  • Before the beginning of the fall 2019 semester have earned one of the following during the 2018-2019 academic year:
    • High school diploma from a public or private high school located in Nevada;
    • High school diploma from a public high school in a county of another state that borders Nevada and accepts Nevada residents; or
    • General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent document.
  • Be a graduating senior under the age of 20 when initially receiving the scholarship.
  • Not have earned a prior associate or bachelor’s degree.
  • Not be in default on any federal student loan.
  • Not owe a refund to any federal student aid program.
  • Meet all program deadlines, including:
    • Complete the Nevada Promise Application no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2018 for the Fall 2019 award year.
    • Attend at least one training meeting offered by the college no later than December 30, 2018.
    • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than April 1, 2019, and subsequently receive an Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
    • No later than April 30, 2019:
      • Meet at least once with their mentor (assigned by the college);
      • Complete all Financial Aid To-Do items;
      • Complete at least 20 hours of eligible community service; and
      • Attend a second training meeting offered by the college.
    • Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in an associate degree program, a bachelor’s degree program or a certificate of achievement program for each semester of the school year immediately following the school year in which the student graduates from high school.

*All graduates from a Nevada High School qualify as residents for tuition purposes at any NSHE institution.  For more information, contact your college’s admissions office.