Register to Become a Nevada Promise Mentor!
The Nevada Promise Program requires student to complete a number of requirements prior to becoming eligible for the scholarship. One of these requirements is that they meet with a mentor who is willing to help guide them through the transition from high school to college, and beyond! Students who have a mentor are more likely to attend college, have higher retention rates, better grades, and clearer professional goals than their peers. Mentoring has also been shown to positively impact the community as a whole!
Please consider dedicating a few hours of your time to support Nevada Promise applicants in your community. Register as a Mentor Now!
- Willingness to partner with a student to help them achieve educational and career goals
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Attend a Mentor Training
- Fill out the online mentor application at: https://www.wnc.edu/promise/mentorship/apply/
- Complete the Online Training and Quiz at: https://www.wnc.edu/promise/mentorship/training/
– OR – Attend an in-person training