Beginning Fall 2017, Western Nevada College now offers a Return to Earn program for returning students, within 15 credits of completing their associate degree.
WNC Counselors regularly review student records and identify students who have not attended within the last year, but are within 15 credits of completing their degree program. Counselors contact students offering options to complete their degree online or on-campus, free of charge. In addition to covering tuition and fees, the program also offers book stipends, academic and counseling support, and bus vouchers. Return to Earn is designed to help students succeed, graduate and reach their educational and career goals.
Interested students are required to contact the Return to Earn Counselor, complete a Return to Earn contract, apply for Federal Financial Assistance (FAFSA.gov), take courses required for degree completion, and have regular contact with the Return to Earn Counselor and Peer Mentor throughout each semester.
- The college will cover any gap in tuition and fees.
- Students eligible for federal aid will have federal aid applied to tuition charges first, any remaining tuition and fees will be covered by the college through a Return to Earn Scholarship.
- Students not eligible for federal aid will have all tuition and fees covered by the college through a Return to Earn Scholarship.
- Book Voucher to cover the cost of all required text books.
- Access to Bus Vouchers (if needed).
- Dedicated support from a Return to Earn Counselor.
- Dedicated support from a Return to Earn Peer Mentor.
- Access to academic support in the Academic Skills Center.
- Guided support for student success through graduation, at no cost to the student.
- Be within 15 credits of completing your degree.
- Discuss degree goals and develop an academic plan with the Return to Earn
- Only enroll in courses required to complete your degree.
- Complete a 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov
- Meet 2 times per month with the Return to Earn Peer Mentor.
Steps to Join
- Speak with the Return to Earn Counselor
- Complete a Return to Earn Contract
- Complete a 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- Enroll in courses required for your degree. Peer Mentors are available to walk you through the enrollment process.
- Contact the Return to Earn Counselor with additional questions.
Return to Earn Contacts
|Title||Return to Earn Counselor|
|Title||Director of Financial Assistance|