Support Services for Students, Business Partners and Community Groups
ROADS for Students
Whether you are in search of certification for a new career or need customized professional training ROADS is ready to support you. The program will help retrain Nevadans for a new career and enable them to become key contributors to the state’s economy. Students (new or existing) in the program will receive financial support for various costs (tuition, training, certifications, testing, transportation, housing assistance, childcare, books, materials and/or supplies). Students will access training in manufacturing, health care, technology and building trades so they become employed in stable jobs.
ROADS services include (but are not limited to):
- Customized Industry-Specific Training for both pre-and-post employment
Industry Credentials and Certifications
- Students will acquire transferable skills employers value in a variety of work settings
- Students will be introduced to multiple employment opportunities to avoid career dead ends
- Mentorship and guidance critical to personal and professional growth
- Direct access to a professional recruiter to arrange interviews for occupational areas of interest
- Financial assistance and referrals to community services
ROADS for Employers
Participation in the ROADS Programs is funded through a DETR Grant and comes at no cost to businesses or students. Participation in the ROADS Program carries no contractual obligations. The sole purpose of the program is to strengthen the Northern Nevada Skilled Workforce. The program includes, but is not limited to, Manufacturing, Health Care, Information Technology and Building Trades.
The program can be tailored to fit industry and business needs:
- Promote company culture through pre-employment coaching
- Drive diversity initiatives
- Create a workplace with high retention rates
- Introduce mentor-mentee relationships into your organization
Interested in ROADS?
Current Business Partner:
Current Business Partner:
Participation in the ROADS Programs is funded through the Department of Education, Training and Rehabilitation. Students participating in the ROADS Program must be motivated to advance in their careers with the intent of living and working in northern Nevada immediately following certification or degree attainment. Business partners willing to offer mentorship, job-shadowing, company tours, mock interviews and career opportunities for students are needed to support the program. The purpose of the program is to grow and strengthen the Northern Nevada Skilled Workforce. The program includes, but is not limited to, Manufacturing, Health Care, Information Technology and Building Trades. Certain programs can be tailored to fit industry and business needs.