Who has your back — and your belly — on the first week of classes at Western Nevada College? As you might expect, the Associated Students of Western Nevada, of course.
The student government group is planning a number of activities during the first week of school, Monday, Aug. 29 through Thursday, Sept. 1, to help students familiarize themselves with the campus and make new friends.
Start the first week of the 2016-17 school year with free donuts and pizza and cap the week with a barbecue lunch that includes information about student clubs and physical activities such as a rock climbing wall and bounce house.
Here is the breakdown of what is going on at each campus:
WELCOME BACK WEEK EVENTS
• Monday, Aug. 29: Morning, free donuts; lunch, sandwiches, Virgil Getto Hall, Room 309
Carson City Campus
- Monday, Aug. 29, 8 to 11 a.m.: Free donuts and coffee in the Bristlecone Building lobby, third floor of the Cedar Building and the Dini Student Center lobby.
- Monday, Aug. 29, 11 a.m. 2 p.m.: Free pizza and drinks in the Joe Dini Student Center.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Treat yourself to food truck tacos in front of the Joe Dini Building.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Catch up with friends while enjoying some treats from Yogurt Beach and allow Photo Booth to capture the day forever.
- Thursday, Sept 1, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Enjoy a barbecue lunch, bounce house fun, club recruitment and rock wall climbing in front of Joe Dini Building.