The Budget office aspires to promote fiscal responsibility within the college through the development of strategic resource allocation and planning.
The mission of the Budget Office at Western Nevada College is to actively support teaching, service and outreach by producing and communicating financial information and managing the financial resources available to the College as efficiently and effectively as possible in support of the College’s mission.
There are six objectives that the budget office has developed in order to know that it is accomplishing the purpose of the program and succeeding with its objectives.
- The analysis and computations that the Budget Director provides to the President for the biennial budget request is complete and accurate.
- During the biennial budget process all budgetary inquiries, if applicable, are responded to with complete and accurate information to the Legislature, Governor and Chancellor.
- All budgets are established in a timely, accurate manner with the appropriate controls that ensure that actual expenditures cannot exceed approved budgets.
- Manage position control to the level that rejects are kept to a 3% maximum.
- Reports are completed and submitted to the appropriate office in a timely and accurate manner.
- Budget transfers and developmental report requests from departments are completed within five working days.
WNC Budget Office
2201 West College Parkway
Bristlecone Building, Ste 142-143
Carson City, NV 89703
Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM