WNC’s budget office oversees the development and maintenance of the college’s all funds budget. This facilitates the efficient and wise use of the institution’s technical and human resources to accomplish our strategic goals. The budget office also provides budgetary information in a timely, accurate, and easy to understand format to both internal and external entities.
There are six objectives that the budget office has developed in order to know that it is accomplishing the purpose of the program and succeeding with its objectives.
- The analysis and computations that the Budget Director provides to the President for the biennial budget request is complete and accurate.
- During the biennial budget process all budgetary inquiries, if applicable, are responded to with complete and accurate information to the Legislature, Governor and Chancellor.
- All budgets are established in a timely, accurate manner with the appropriate controls that ensure that actual expenditures cannot exceed approved budgets.
- Manage position control to the level that rejects are kept to a 3% maximum.
- Reports are completed and submitted to the appropriate office in a timely and accurate manner.
- Budget transfers and developmental report requests from departments are completed within five working days.
WNC Budget Office
2201 West College Parkway
Bristlecone Building, Ste 142-143
Carson City, NV 89703
Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM